Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Master Bedroom and Movie Room

     I thought hard about which room to start with and I chose my Master Bedroom for two reasons:  Me and Will.  We work so many hours, do so many things, and at some point in the day we would love to retire to a bedroom that offers rest, rejuvenation, and relaxation.  My mind ran rampant with ideas of canopy beds, billowy curtains, plush rugs stretching out from under a bed full of Mediterranean styled pillows and thick, silky covers.  The pallet wall behind my bed will be wired for bronze bedside lamps and the lush, tropical plants will fill the corners of the room.  An hour later, with a headache I realized I am on the same path of failure that plagues me and people like me - Perfectionists.
     I used to think a Perfectionist was someone who is perfect.  I thought they were organized, punctual, clean, polished (as my momma calls it), with bright white teeth and clean fingernails.  Ironically, many times just the opposite is true.  The perfectionists can be spotted from miles away.  They are the hectic people who sometimes do not accomplish anything because they wait for all the stars to line up, before they act on their goals.  In this case, I would normally turn this Challenge to Organize into a Challenge to Decorate and those two things are completely different.  So I am officially breaking this into two separate things.
     Monday, I will start to declutter and create organization in my home that will allow every single thing I own to have its own particular spot.  I will not waste anymore time moving things (my piles) around from one spot to another.  I will not pile up things right now, just because I'm not sure what to do with them.  I will waste no more time looking for things because I forgot where I put it.  When I am finished de-cluttering and organizing each room of my house, I'd like to turn around and start decorating more.  We have some big plans for our kitchen and upstairs bathroom but those aren't things I will do in two weeks.
     I will start with the Master Bedroom on Monday morning.  I think the first step should be to remove anything and everything that does not match my goal for that room.  What's my goal for that room?  I don't 100% know but I will on Monday!!  My incentive to hurry is that if I finish organizing the current area within the timeline I have, then I can start decorating;  but I can only decorate up until my time runs out for that room.  Any decorating project that is not 100% finished, can not stay - so that will keep me from starting big projects that I can not finish.
     My entire house is broken into ten areas but I did not include the garage because it is a monster!  I have to do complete two areas each week, to finish in five weeks.  So you see how this can not be a "decorating" challenge!  I am going to show y'all how my house looks on a normal day so it may or may not be clean the way it would be if company was going to come over.  My momma may just go into hiding when she sees this go public; and for goodness sake don't show my Granny how much dog hair is under my couch!!  I am going to show very personal stuff and I hope you will all follow the blog and leave me comments and suggestions!  If you think of great decorating ideas, please send them in!!  My ten areas are:
(1) Master Bedroom
(2) Movie Room
(3) Hallway and Bathroom Upstairs
(4) Kitchen and Living Room
(5) Front door foyer and stairs
(6) Foyer at bottom of stairs (school room maybe)
(7) Ellie's bedroom & Garrett's bedroom
(8) Laundry Room and Bathroom downstairs
(9) Sewing Room/Craft Room
(10) Front Porch and Back Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment