Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week #2 Repeat -- But I Don't Feel Guilty

     I did not at all complete my goals for last week.  I feel like throwing my hands up and saying "Well, I did great that first week", but I just can't do it.  I refuse to get behind on my declutter goals so I guess I have to merge weeks 2&3 into this week.  So if anyone is sitting around bored this week, don't call and schedule, just show up at my house and start loading up bags of books that you want to  take home, donate, burn, whatever!!
Day#3 Clean Island
     I am on Day#3 of successfully NOT cluttering up my kitchen island.  As I type this it just occurred to me - are any of you like me, where you set goals and before you can finish (or give up) on those, you create other ones???  I do this constantly and I wonder if that is why I don't usually accomplish goals - because I am great at setting goals but not necessarily accomplishing them.  So my next goal is to not set any other goals until I finish this five week one (seriously, no more after that one LOL).  I drew these squares on my letters so I can color in one every night before I go to bed.  It's not easy so I have to make it fun, plus it got the kiddos all fired up about it because they love watching me color in the squares.
 
     I got pics of all my books.  There are so few because about a month ago I dumped 30+ books off at the library in town, donated some others, and burned some others that had ridiculously foul language in them.  I just realized all these pics are out of focus but I'm not going to retake them because you get the picture of the junk all over the shelves.  I looked for a recipe yesterday and realized that my recipe section looks neat but the reality is that when you pull out a book, a hundred little giblets of paper fall out like confetti.  I love to cook but giblets of paper stresses me out -- so why do I do that?  Ask Bob Proctor (google him) - he has the answers but he hasn't explained it to me yet!!
      So sometime tomorrow, all these books are supposed to be snatched from their cozy little book shelves and piled on my couch to be felt and sorted and organized.  I don't know if I can do this again.  That last pile of clothes stayed on my couch entirely too long!
     I gotta remind myself of my goals now.  So this week holds (1) KonMari my books, (2)finish the bathroom (grout, clean, hang hangers on the wall), (3)finish the three pieces of furniture in the garage that go in the kids' rooms, plus (4) KonMari the paper piles in my house, and (5) continue to keep my kitchen island clean.  I am tired now and Monday didn't even start yet.  Better get some good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment